Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day! :-)




Each year, Memorial Day is pretty much the same for most Americans. Parties, BBQs, and informal get-togethers in the back yard. It may even just be a day to enjoy the time off work. Today, it was a celebration for me as my school year came to an end this past Friday! :-)

A lot of Americans overlook the true meaning of Memorial Day in all the excitement. The true purpose of Memorial Day is to honor all military service members that have given their lives in service to their country! As I enjoy myself this special day, I am reminded of WHY I have the freedom to do so--those people! :-)

Joe and I heated the pool and decided to BBQ without really thinking of a "party" developing! It was nice to have Joe's friend Brentt, my 2 best friends Kim and Nikki, and their families over to enjoy the pool! OLIVE was ecstatic! The kids had her going ALL afternoon! She is snoring as I type this.


Here are some fun pics from the afternoon...AND the cool thing is I managed to not get in ANY! :-) hehehe

Olive excited to play!!!

Goofballs Joe, Kim, and Mike!

Nikki, Kim, and Matt!!

Brentt and Kristen!!!

Olive playing with the boys!!!

Brentt and Olive lounging!!!

Olive and the boys!!!

Pretty Miss Rylie!!!

A PUFFY Ian!!!

No comments: