Monday, May 12, 2008

New Member of the Family: The KEGERATOR!!!

Okay, I was against it at first...kegs have long been associated with wild college parties and drinking to excess! We can't have a KEGerator in our house!!! We aren't in that stage of our lives anymore! The days of Club Rio and Maloney's are far from reality too. We are quite the opposite now! We are talking about a couple who now considers dinner and a night out bowling as a crazy night!

What I am trying to say is that a kegerator just seemed like kind of a dumb investment at first! Joe tried to convince me that is was not...Simply put by my husband, "Honey, this thing is the best way for beer connoisseurs (us, I guess) to enjoy beer, and it will save us a lot of money over time!" Yeah, because we are CONSTANTLY drinking beer? What will the neighbors think, I thought!???

After researching these things, I realized they were like $700 - 800!!! Now I started thinking...This wasn't a KEG, but a kind of luxury item. A full keg, tap, and device that kept the beer at the perfect temperature? Co2 to keep the keg pressurized? What the heck?

He tried to talk me into the thing for months. I told him IF he got one he would have to either keep it in the garage or on the porch!!! He tried to tell me it would match our kitchen perfectly...it was black and stainless steel. That it was not gaudy or unattractive. He sent me pictures. I was KIND OF softening up.
Again, I KNEW this wasn't a wise out of pocket purchase. That's when Joe started doing some research...
I FINALLY gave in. And THIS IS WHY---we didn't have to PAY A DIME FOR IT!!! When you DON'T have to PAY for it, it definitely seems like less of a sting!
As with the games Joe received for our entertainment, in addition to an igloo cooler on wheels and fold up camping chairs, this item was rewarded to us FREE courtesy of Polaris Industries! Since Joe is such a success at his work :-) and does such an awesome job, he gets Polaris Points when he sells Polaris items. He has racked up so many, we were able to get this item redeemed with POINTS.
The Kegerator arrived today. I have to admit it is kinda pretty AND it looks pretty good in the kitchen (it is basically in between the family room and kitchen). I won’t make him keep it in the garage. Or on the back porch. It is NOT an eyesore. It matches our décor.
FINE…I was wrong. It is kinda cool. Sorta.

AND the neighbors thought NOTHING other than how cool it was.They came over for a beer. :-)

2 comments:

Sheri said...

My brother-in-law has one and LOVES it...maybe more than he loves his wife (just joking...sorta)

Liz said...

This is so cool,well i hope you injoy it alot with family and friends.Wish and hope i will see it someday in the future??????
Mis you guys alot,love Elly(MOM)