Saturday, August 30, 2008

The "Beach Flight" and Sand Artistry

Okay, pictures don't do this justice! As I have mentioned, my phone camera is not good.

We were lucky enough to witness a hilarious "beach flight," as we ladies called it, last Saturday at the beach! We were enjoying ourselves lounging and talking when all of a sudden a group of 4 people, not in "true" beach attire (just shorts/pants and shirts etc), decided to sit down next to us. The funny thing was the way they were sitting! Obviously they were all trying to benefit from the shade of the umbrella, but we couldn't stop laughing because they looked like they were sitting in an airplane. The "front row" rarely talked to the "second row," and the "second row's" knees were basically RIGHT up against the "front row's" chairs.

My mom was the first to notice and point out the fact that they looked like they were ready for take-off! lol The funniest part stemmed from us then. We each kept saying "flight" related things like..."Please return your seats to an upright position" etc etc etc. It was also hard for me to get a pic on my phone without seeming like I was pointing it right at them. That added to the hilarity of it as I tried to act like I was taking pics of my mom and sis or the beach etc. When we left I yelled "Have a nice flight!" I'm not sure if they heard me, but it doesn't matter. I am sure they were oblivious to the entertainment they offered us that afternoon.

Then, after we had gone back to the room and showered, we headed out for dinner. As we were walking to the restaurant my sister says, " I wonder if those people had a good flight!?" Guess who walked right by us, returning from the beach? Those people! We broke out into laughter yet again! With ALL the people there, what are the chances at that very moment to see them again!?!?!?! hahaha


This was very cool...Some artist did this on a street near the beach. Amy and I saw it one morning when we were out walking...


1 comment:

Shelley said...

Oh my gosh, how fun is that? I love San Diego. We went out to Coronado Island when we were there last year and I took pictures of the old Coronado Hotel. Haven't stayed there though. It looks like you guys had an awesome time! I knew Amy was a closet party girl. Ha! lol