
I usually don't get too excited about concerts, BUT.....
I have been saying forever that if George Michael ever comes to the USA, I would go to his concert in a heartbeat. I love his voice and all his solo work regardless of whether or not his personal life is weird! lol
I have been listening to him ever since the days of WHAM, and still list "Last Christmas" as one of my favorite Christmas songs. In 1990, when he came out with the album Listen Without Prejudice, many of the songs were very well suited for that time in my life...We all have those songs or that album that does "something" to and for us! George Michael is one artist I adore and will defend to the end! I have never been ashamed to say he is one of my favorites!
I was impressed with my husband for agreeing with me when I first broke it to him early on in our relationship that I LOVED GM. I usually got made fun of!!!! lololol This was a big deal...it was not my typical choice of artist back then. I was thrilled, and still am, that Joe shares my love for various genres of music and appreciates any "good" artist regardless of the type of music it is.
This concert will be a special one not only because my husband spent hours online trying to score good seats for this--and did (Thanks, Baby), but it will allow me to think of one of my BEST friends, Michelle, who passed away this past October unexpectedly. She would have LOVED to see George Michael. She actually was the one who introduced me and got me into his solo work! She was one of my partners in crime back in high school and we would drive around listening to his music for hours in my Honda CRX! We were about 17...and getting out of the house and just driving around was exciting back then.
Joe scored front row tickets—first row and in the center section!!! The seats couldn’t be better I am even on the aisle, so I can get my groove on and not worry about bumping anyone! Hehehe He spent hours Monday morning on Ticketmaster trying to get good seats and it was basically a fluke that these tickets popped up as available! Maybe Michelle had something to do with it! hehehe I have never been in the front row of a concert. EVER! I am so excited that this is the concert I will get the chance to do that at! We googled tickets to the concert and for similar seats (not even that good), they are going for almost $1800 apiece! Joe paid $121!!! I feel REALLY lucky!
George Michael's voice is angelic and really so on pitch that I cannot wait to hear it in person. It will be fun to see him sing right in front of me!
I am sure you all have YOUR "George Michael" so you can relate to some degree! I have posted some of my fav pics of GM solo and in Wham!





George sings "The Long and Winding Road!" LOVE this Beatles song and LOVE the way he sings it! :-)








3 comments:
I'm so happy for you. I totally get the obsession thing. When I got to meet Lukas Rossi and sit in the front row it was a dream come true. It is amazing. You got yourself a good hubby. Sorry about your friend. Get your skinny grove on for her. I know you will be thinking of her that night.
I used to love Wham! And especially George. "Faith" is one of my favorite songs. I like an eclectic mix of music too. Ian used to make so much fun of me for listening to George Strait but I don't care. I like music. period.
P.S. What an awesome hubby!
Oh yeah, I have my George Michael. But his name is Rob Thomas. ;)
Post a Comment