Sunday, April 27, 2008

"Weed" Better Stay on Top of Our Yard Maintenance From Now On!

Today was a fun day for the most part! We ran errands, went to lunch at Teakwoods, and then came home to work on the yard etc. To be honest, most of the work was done by my husband who is now resting after undertaking a BIG job on the side of the house!

We had taken care of the rest of the yard weed-wise WEEKS ago. We failed to take notice of the east side of the house--kinda. This side has three ironwoods and rock. It is also where the air conditioning unit and pool equipment is. We had a wall and gate built to hide equipment etc. so it is easy to overlook that side because we rarely go over there. WELL...WE SHOULD HAVE! There was QUITE a jungle back there!!! I'm talking weeds taller than Joe (6'4"). Pretty sad.

After trimming the palm and lime trees together, Joe took on the task of the side yard. I should have taken a picture of the BEFORE because the following picture of the PILE of weeds doesnt look like much. BELIEVE ME, IT WAS! Joe worked for hours, so I HAD to document the finished product and say THANK YOU, honey!

Pile that makes it not look SO bad--IT WAS!!!!

I stood up one of the "medium sized" weeds.

AFTER...View from over the wall/gate


While he was busy with that, I kept myself busy playing with the new (to me) digital camera (Canon Proshot Pro1) my dad had recently given me. It is confusing, but I am going to try and learn how to use it. ;-) I had fun trying and caught a few cute ones of my ladies!

Olive STILL obsessing over the pool.

Serious look by the pool, "Let me go in!!!Grrrrr..."

Happy lady on the chaise lounge!

Swee' Pea taking a break.

Happy lady!

Olive and Swee'Pea love running up and down the concrete area on the west side of the house!

Out of focus pic, but I love it. This captures Swee' Pea's clown-like personality!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Glad Joe was able to get the yard work done. The girls are ready for a swim Mom. Grace went swimming for the first time on Saturday night. She shivered and had blue lips, but would not come out of the pool.

Liz said...

These beautyfull baby's,thay look so sweet and behaived.hihihihi
Love them.