I MUST start off my "Take Me Back Tuesdays" with some items that dominated my childhood playtime. Many people don't remember these dolls, but my sister and I were OBSESSED. We had all the dolls in the "My Friend" line. We played religiously with them, probably daily, creating a intricate story line that, quite honestly, would bore everyone if I explained it. This "world" was a wonderful place my sister and I would spend hours visiting, as we acted out scenarios with the dolls and their interesting "lives." They were gymnastic and ice skating champions, models, Broadway and movie stars, as well as jet-setting young kids who traveled the world! Sounds crazy, but it is something my sister and I will always have to laugh and reminisce about. To this day, we have inside jokes and can pull up memories of all we imagined and created.
It is an awesome childhood memory I will forever cherish because it was bonding and time spent with my first and dearest best friend, Amy aka "Ponny". Sorry, Amers, had to do it...lollololololol Below are the dolls...found pics on ebay of them!!!!

Mandy
Jenny
Becky
Mikey







2 comments:
Okay those dolls are scary looking. I was more a Holly Hobbie girl.
I think they're cute! I don't remember them but I do remember Cabbage Patch kids...I loved little Irene - even after I cut all of her hair off.
Post a Comment