I am going to preface this whole post with: I was a KID!!! I had very little clue about anything. I did know at a young age that I liked boys, however! My choices for TV crushes were varied and interesting. A few of these picks are not based on any depth or understanding of the show plot! LOL
I have chosen my top 8...I am sure I could think of more...but I won't bore you! hehehe
21 JUMPSTREET
I have to start with a current crush that started in the late 80's, so this is the newest of the Take Me Back pics. All I can say is: Johnny Depp...HOT then. HOT now.
Tom Hanson (Johnny) is part of an undercover police unit. The job of the Jump Street gang? Going undercover infilitrating high school crime.

CHIPS
I think my very first TV crush was on Ponch Poncherello (Eric Estrada-left). It was his...smile. I seriously remember watching this with my dad and REALLY liking Ponch (My sis liked John)! I was probably 6 or 7 years old!
CHiPs: California Highway Patrolswas a mainstayof disco-era TV! Created The show followed a troupe of California motorcycle cops as they patrol the Golden State freeways!

THE GREATEST AMERICAN HERO
"Believe it or not, I'm walking on air...." are the words I remember to the theme song of this show. I loved the main character! He was funny and cute--so I thought! Looking at that pic now...not so much cute!
Ralph Hinkley (William Katt-middle), a high school teacher, is chosen by aliens to fight evil with superhuman powers via a bright red suit and an instruction manual. Unfortunately Ralph manages to lose the instructions in the middle of nowhere and he's stuck with powers he has no idea to control!

WELCOME BACK, KOTTER
This is another show that I knew all the words, at one time, to the theme song. I wasn't fully understanding the storylines in this show as a kid. I just liked looking at John Travolta (Vinnie Barbarino--bottom left). C'mon, he was Danny from GREASE!!!! I also thought the Kotter guy was funny and that Horseshack had a funny laugh. I watched this in reruns years later and was able to appreciate it!
Gabriel Kotter returns to Brooklyn to teach history at the very high school from which he graduated ten years prior. When the "Sweathogs" give him a hard time, Mr. Kotter fires back with his own unending wit, and before long, they accept him as one of their own. In return, he is able to teach these students to excel in ways they never thought possible.
.

SILVER SPOONS
Okay. I was IN LOVE with Ricky Schroeder in 5th Grade. Words cannot explain how I felt! :-) I thought he was just the cutest boy in the ENTIRE world! lololol
Edward Stratton III likes Pac-Man, pinball machines and electric trains. Ricky Stratton is mature, sensible and understands computers. But Edward is in his 30s, while son Ricky is only 12. After being shipped off to military school, Ricky moves in with his wealthy father and soon helped him learn to be a parent, while Edward taught him a little about having fun.

THE DUKES OF HAZZARD
I recall loving Bo Duke (John Schneider--blond, bottom right). I also loved the car AND the bassett hound in the show!
Cousins Bo and Luke Duke and their car "General Lee", assisted by Cousin Daisy and Uncle Jesse, have a running battle with the authorities of Hazzard County (Boss Hogg and Sheriff Coltrane), plus a string of ne'er-do-wells often backed by the scheming Hogg.

BJ AND THE BEAR
I don't even remember knowing the plot to this show. I just remember liking a hot guy, a cute chimp, and a big truck. I am not even sure if I ever saw the show all the way through an episode! This one is solely categorized as a favorite because of my love for the guy and chimp.
B.J. McCay (Greg Evigan) was a good-looking young trucker who traveled around the country in his big red & white rig, with a single companion - his pet chimp, Bear.

CHARLES IN CHARGE
In addition, I had a crush on Charles (Scott Baio-nice sweater vest hahaha)! I loved him as Chachi from Happy Days too. I am glad I didn't know what a freak he was back then--Have any of you seen the shows Scott Baio is 45...and Single or Scott Baio is 46...and Pregnant? Totally slashed ANY former crush I had on him. Yuck. lol
Charles in Charge was the story of Charles, a 19 year old college student, that went to work as a male nanny watching a working couples three children.








2 comments:
I loved Ponch! He was definitely my "type". I also loved Ricky and Bo Duke. Great post!
Wow, I loved Greatest American Hero. I loved that song. It was by Joey Scarbury (sp?) and it was even in the top 40. I know this because I listened to Kasey Kasem every Sunday. It's so funny that we liked the same shows, because I think I was a teenager to your 6 or 7 years old. Bo Duke, yum. He still looks good on Smallville, I think.
And omgosh, 21 Jump Street. LOVED that show. Funny thing is, my favorite person on that show was Peter DeLuise. I thought he was so hot. But yeah, I'm definitely a Johnny fan now.
Post a Comment