I included these shots of us after a long flight/day of travel. We had just been picked up--in a limo--and started our 45 minute drive to the resort on the North Shore. Can you believe I really had never been in a regular limo before??? It was beautiful scenery, as is ALL of Hawaii! I, however, do not look beautiful...what's with that hair!!!??? The lei around my neck smelled amazing. My Aunt Yvette and her husband (who live in Oahu) greeted us with them at the airport!!!
This is a pick of the TV screen at the resort announcing our wedding. hehehe We HAD to take a picture of it!
As if an AMAZING wedding at an AMAZING resort in HAWAII wasn't enough, my parents sent us off on a honeymoon cruise...Joe and I had a beautiful suite with a balcony on Norwegian Cruise line's Pride of America cruise ship!!!
WE BOARDED THE SHIP 2 YEARS AGO TODAY!!!!
Hilo was our 1st stop.
We are eating lunch here with beautiful peaceful surroundings!
These are the steam vents @ Mt. Kilauea's Summit Caldera and Halema`uma`u crater!
Pretty little plants grew out of the volcanic rock.
We also visited the rain forests of the Big Island during our excursion. Joe grabbed some moss off a tree and posed with a fake, attractive "Tom Selleck-ish" mustasche!!! Handsome man!
Our next stop was Maui. We did a rain forest/waterfall hike one day and rode quads up in the hills the next!
Here we are at one of the 5 natural waterfalls we visited! Soooo much fun!!!
Break during quad riding...
Kona was stormy towards the end of the day, but neat! We went on a catamaran and snorkeled that day! We saw dolphins and cool fish!
View from the catamaran of our cruise ship--Pride of America!!!
In Kauai, we went on a "Mud Bug" excursion! We drove around the area where they shot Jurassic Park in what Joe said were Tomcars. We were soaked in mud by the end--well, actually, within 3 minutes. It was dirty fun!
This is a picture of us from the back. The guide took it!
MUDDY and SLIMY, but exciting! Joe was a CRAZY driver!
Washing off during lunch! GORGEOUS form, Joey!
Neither of us had been to Hawaii before our wedding and honeymoon! It was the BEST 2 weeks I could possibly imagine! I was so blessed to have had this AMAZING experience! I was so special to be with my family, my best friend Kim and her family, and our close family friend, Marion, as we celebrated our union 2 years ago!
I wish I could travel back in time as I sit here with no money and no trips planned in the near future!!! :-) I'll just live on the memories...
As I was looking through the pictures, I found these cute ones of Alex and Sarah on the plane ride--Joe and I had seats behind Amy, Ed, and the kids! My parents were in first class WITH MY DRESS!!! hehehe We all safely made it there!!!
Alex would turn around and chat with us!
Sarah was soooooo little and cute!!!! Awwwwwww!








3 comments:
Great pictures! Sounds like a awesome trip. My wedding was more like a high school kegger. I wish I would have done it like you.
HAWAII! You got married in HAWAII! I'm jealous. And the pictures are just making it worse.
Seriously, that's awesome. And looks like so much fun.
Alex and Sarah are so beautyfull,you just a lucky aunt.
Wedding pictures are great,tough every time i see that picture of Joe with the red hair under his nose i crack up.
Post a Comment