Friday, December 5, 2008

Christmas Decorations 2008

The past day has been quite sad, with the passing of Joe's dad. He was a dear man, and Joe and I both loved him deeply. Joe's dad has been sick for many years, and he suffered a lot over those years. I know he is in a better place now...and will be looking down on us. :-) I am home from work today to be here for Joe. He is having a rough go at it, as would anyone losing their loved one. He has many good memories of his childhood with his family. I am enjoying chatting with him as he reminisces.

When I left work early yesterday, my compassionate students would not let me leave until they made cards for Joe! Each "center" worked hard composing and decorating...It was so cute. I put them on his dresser and when he got home, he was greeted by the well wishes! He was very touched!!! I included a picture below of the cards! :-)

Joe and I have been decorating the x-mas tree this morning. I have also decorated around the house...As usual, I had to document!

Joe's cards from the 4th graders!

Our Advent "House!" Joe is in charge of the odds and I am doing the evens. Each day we have put a little gift or note for the other behind the little door. The little boxes are so tiny, we usually write a little poem or note and send the person around the house on a little scavenger hunt to find their gift!!! I get to open all the odds and Joe opens the evens! We just started this tradition this year, as we just got the "house!" It has been a fun and creative way to count down to Christmas!

Tree...Joe put it up a few days ago! We added ornaments today!



I LOVE this holiday angel! It matches all the colors in our house. I just love the metal/wood medium she used to create it! I purchased this from Stephanie Grimes (a parent from school, friend, and talented artist).
Dining room table... don't have my holiday decorative plates out yet though!!!

3 comments:

tsumomi said...

i am so sorry to hear about Joe's dad. It is a hard thing to go through. i remember when Marc's mom passed. just takes time to heal the pain. i got goose bumps from what the kids did for him and thier cards. that is awesome.

Sheri said...

I love the angel. I'll have to check Stephanie's website out.

I'm sorry to here about your loss. You guys will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Liz said...

Sorry is not enough to say how much it hurts to loose the one you love,but my heart goes out to Joe and his brother Mark because thay lost a parent.
Joe you have a good and caring wife to suport you,and it was great what those kids have done for you.
Your two aunts where with me yesterday,to help me thru this lost.
May God bless all of us,in these days to come.
Love you guys,X0X0X0 Mom