Friday, November 28, 2008

What the HAIL was that?

Around 8pm, as I was almost passed out on the couch after a long day of cooking and hosting, it started to rain A LOT here in South Chandler. It wasn't just sprinkling like it had earlier in the evening...there was thunder and lightning. More intense than we expected. Joe commented that it was raining REALLY hard, which prompted us to go outside and check it out.

WOW...I had to document it. I don't think in my 25 years in AZ, have I ever witnessed a hail storm quite like this. It was a unique and cool way to end a nice Thanksgiving day...Kinda like "snow!" OR really hard balls of ice coming down in record amounts and speeds. Now that I think of it, not really like snow at all...hahahaha

Check out these pictures!!!! I THINK they are amazing! :-)

Front yard

Lots of ORBS too...lololol I like this because you can see the big pieces.
Back yard
A handful of AZ Snow!

Joe's truck out front!

2 comments:

tsumomi said...

I can't believe you got hail. YOu are so lucky!!!! We did get a down pour of rain and the kids loved it.

Sheri said...

It looks like Sonic ice. I'm sad we didn't get any at our house. I could've had a Dr. Pepper, Sonic style.