Saturday, February 23, 2008

Alex's Soccer Game!

Today I went to my nephew's soccer game! He asked so sweetly last night, telling me it was his last game of this season! I couldn't say no--and I didn't want to! I have been trying to get to one all season! I figured I better go before it gets too hot out! It was at Snedigar Park, very close to home. WOW! It was busy. Many teams were there playing. I saw BBS families everywhere! :-) It looked like fun, and it was fun to watch the skills even little 4 year olds had already attained in their short soccer careers!

Sarah, my niece, and I were happy to watch and cheer for her brother on the sidelines! I have no doubt we will be watching HER games soon as well! :-) For now, she is an adorable, peppy little cheerleader! hehehe

Before the game started, they were getting revved up on doughnuts! Chocolate covered no less! This was a special treat!

I was amazed at Alex's focus and dribbling/passing abilities. I was impressed with ALL the kids on both teams!



I believe almost all the kids on the "Thunder Lizards" (they were the Thunder Monkeys last season-cracks me up) are in class with Alex at BBS! They are great friends and are so supportive of each other, hugging and high-fiving when a teammate scores!

My sis, Amy, and Sarah sat on the sidelines watching the game! I just realized I didnt take a pic of Sarah and Alex's daddy, Ed! I'll get ya next time!

Tired (kind of--as much as an active 4 year old can be) from the game, Alex took a minute to pose for me! Thanks, Alex, for letting me take part in the fun of your soccer game! I love you! :-)

***This fun makes me more and more anxious to start a family of our own and enjoy these types of things! :-)***

2 comments:

tsumomi said...

Love the name of the team. Too funny. They all eat crap before and after the game. I think that is what my Josh likes best about playing soccer. Your nephew probably loved having you there. Before you know it you will have your own kid out there.

Jen said...

I was able to go to the zoo with Alex the other day, along with several a.m. preschoolers. What an adoriable family your sister has. You will have one of your own very soon. I love the sports when they are so young and not so competitive.