For months, Joe has been saying our Kitchen/Family Room area needed something else on our east wall. We looked everywhere we liked...Pottery Barn, West Elm, Cost Plus World Market etc. etc. etc. We had given up on finding the LONG shelf that he envisioned! The other day we decided to get some exercise (j/k, but that place IS big) and walk through IKEA to get some ideas for the future decorating endeavors. We found the 6 foot long shelf Joe had talked of! AND the amazing thing is it was UNDER $25!!! It is Black/Brown and PERFECT for our house! We had to get it, and two smaller ones for our family room!

We tested out how it would look...and we were excited to start this little project!

Joe took on the task of mounting the shelf, and centering all the pics. I watched mostly...taking pictures. hehehe I DID place my awesome finds on top!

We got these cool vases and basket from Pier 1...on CLEARANCE! I can never find a deal! I was ecstatic!!! I added some fake flowers from Michael's!

We added some $2.99 tap lights from IKEA and the look was complete! :-) We like it a lot! Such the decorating addicts...hehehe
4 comments:
Love it!!! We have alot of Ikea furniture here. I call it my disposable furniture. I will have a Ethan Allen home when the kids are gone :)
Congrats on all your "bargin" finds.
O.k. maybe you and Joe and come over and decorate my house? My husband always has great decorating ideas but works to much to implement them and I just suck. I can't envision anything. I love it! The lights totally add an extra flair.
P.S. I am still laughing at the title of that post.
I apologize for all of my grammer errors on my comment. Apparently I can't type and talk to my 4-year old at the same time.
I really like those. I will have to come over to see them. Where was Joe at when I had to put all the kids shelves up? That is what I would like to know. =8^)
Post a Comment