Monday, June 23, 2008

George Michael Was AMAZING!

George Michael delivered a totally memorable event that will stick with me forever! Our front row seats couldn't have been better!!! I have NEVER been that close to any singer and George was, for me, the perfect performer to have this experience with!

He performed for over 2 hours and his vocals were amazing! I was a little scared after seeing him on American Idol...but, as he claimed on that show, he must have been sick because his voice sounded angelic! Joe and I were both blown away!!! I was smiling ear to ear the entire time!

George greeted us fashionably late with, "Before we go any further, thank you for being here this evening," he told the crowd. "There are many of you here who have stuck by me for a good 25 years now. You are the people I am most certainly here for." No, thank you, George!

The set was stunning...there were multi-level, balcony-like structures that housed George's musicians. They were positioned between three giant video screens that played live footage, clips, and pictures during the songs.

Below are pictures Joe took with his Camera!

Me smiling with George singing behind me.

Right in front of me!


On a chair, stage left! He was closer than these pics seem!

Singing "Outside" decked out in a police uniform!

Playlist:
First Half:"Waiting" (Reprise)"Fast Love/I'm Your Man""Father Figure""Hard Day""Everything She Wants""One More Try""Different Corner""Easier Affair""Too Funky""Star People"

Second Half:"Faith""Spinning the Wheel""Feeling Good""Roxanne""Kissing a Fool""Amazing""Flawless""Outside""Praying for Time""Careless Whisper"

Encore:"Freedom 90""Freedom" Reprise


COOL: THIS VIDEO WAS ONE I FOUND ON YOU TUBE of the Phoenix concert last night. We are right down there in front of him when he is at the front of the stage...Can't see myself though! Bummer! I was there screaming at the top of my lungs!:-) The seats of this person videoing were way up to the left on the side. These people have AWFUL seats compared to ours! hehehe :-)
DON'T FORGET TO PAUSE MY MUSIC PLAYER AT BOTTOM! :-)






1 comment:

tsumomi said...

I'm so glad you had fun. A couple of my other friends posted blogs about the concert and felt the same way. Awesome. You by far had the best seats. You gotta hold on to those moments in life when things swing your way. Karma baby!