Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Back to School!

I officially go back to work on July 21st, but I have spent the past 2 days in my classroom working. I am sore and tired! We had to remove everything from bookshelves, file cabinets etc. and box everything up and move all furniture to the center of the room at the end of the school year in May. We also had to clear the entire floor of our closets. Many people have seen the closet in my classroom. They'd all agree its kinda scary. We had to do this because they replaced all the carpeting and tile in the school. It looks great!

Anyway, after 2 days, about 25 boxes, and those furniture moving thingies as a BIG help, my room looks somewhat presentable! I still need to put things back up on the wall and unload all materials that have been stored on my closet shelves, but the worst is over and I think the room looks pretty darn good.

I still have to go out and buy new reading center beanbags/chairs, but other than that I can say I am pretty ready. My week back will be primarily just getting things labeled with student names, buying consumables for use this year, and focusing on curriculum planning! :-) I am NEVER this prepared! This forced "clean up" was actually a good thing. I had been in this classroom for about 8 years. It needed an overhaul! :-)

The boxes I unloaded today!!! I am sooooo glad I am done.

My scary closet! hehehe I will tackle this on Friday!!!

View from the door.

Reading Center/Corner...still needs seating.

One corner (computer area) of the classroom.

Facing the "front" of the room. I really don't have a "front"...I have 3 walls which have a white board on each...I use them all! I move around a lot! lol
Still looks empty, and it stays that way...that is until I get student work all over the walls! ;-)

My desk area was still tooooooo scary to even take a picture of! :-)

2 comments:

Sheri said...

It looks so good!

So, do you think Xander could be in your class again this year? He's really nervous about who is teacher is going to me this year...o.k. FINE! it's me that's nervous.

Anonymous said...

Looks great! Love the carpet! BBS needed some updating. Your closet looks almost as good as mine did at BBS! Hate to say it, but I still have 7 more weeks of holidays left!