My husband is the BEST! On MANY of his days off, he has painted, basically, the inside of our ENTIRE house!!! He has spent countless hours taping and touching up and making it all look professionally done! If he chose to become a painter, I'd tell him he'd be successful. I don't think he's going to drop everything and do that though!!! Thank you for putting all that SWEAT EQUITY into the house, Joe! You have done an AMAZING job! :-)
He started yesterday at 9am taping and preparing everything. He ended at around midnight when we pulled the tape down and moved ALL the furniture back into the room! FYI: If you don't have those furniture sliding discs to easily move furniture, you should get them---WOW! Why did I ever try to move furniture without them?
The color we chose is called lilac gray. It is just beautiful and compliments the lighter purple that was already in the bathroom. It looks gray in some light and taupe at times. Yet, you can definitely see the purple...and it is just gorgeous. The pictures really make it look more purple than it appears in real life!!! It feels just like the rest of my house--"cool" but "warm" cool. I was always scared that going "grayish" throughout my house might make it seem cold, but that is SO not the case. When we chose the tiles for the house I knew this is the route I wanted to go color wise. :-) I am so glad I did!!!
Joe told me he needs AT LEAST 3 months rest until he paints the last room (guest bedroom). That's okay. It is the least popular room of the house! I already have the paint swatch picked out (I have for 3 years) and will begin working on him in 3 months!!! It is now the only white room in the house. It looks so sad without paint! :-(
Here are the pics I took of the progress yesterday, ending with some "finished product" pictures this morning--and some pics of the tile and room I WANT JOE TO DO NEXT!!!
I am so happy with the way my house looks after 5 years! Thanks, Baby, for making it all become a reality! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!
Joe is a perfectionist when taping!!!

Olive Oyl watching and lounging while Daddy works! :-)

Taping is done! Joe took a well deserved break in the afternoon!

Stopping for some cuddle time with Swee' Pea! You can see my "testing color" paint in the background. It sat there for a week...he finally gave in! :-) You can also see a little of the bathroom color.

Painting begins...

Almost there...I helped with the corners and painted above baseboards! :-)

The tape is off...

I put back all the switch covers etc. back on the walls. I am loving the color at this point!!!

Finished product this morning!!! Everything is back in. It is SO WONDERFUL!!!





Here is the tile in the bathroom...I feel the paint is a beautiful match!
Here is the next room I will try to talk Joe into painting! You can see the swatch of paint on the wall above the light switch...it has been there for years! :-) It is a grayish sagey green if you can imagine it. VERY pretty. I hope Behr still makes 'Promenade'! If you notice in the background, the bathroom is a blueish gray called Lost Atlantis. It was the 3rd room Joe painted in the house. I LOVE the color!













3 comments:
Painting adds so much to your house. I love those colors!
it didn't mean "your" house, I just meant houses in general :)
What do you mean the spare bedroom never gets used ..... what about your number one customer? Who knows when the need might strike to come for a visit!! BTW .... I had noticed that paint swatch there for a few years now! lol Great job, Joe! I'll have to send some pics of what's been going on in our place. Deck building is next!
Post a Comment