Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Take Me Back Tuesday: Laundry Room 2003 and Today!

Who decorates their laundry room? I do.

Yes, it was the first room in our entire house that I painted. YES. I PAINTED it! It is, in fact, the ONLY room I painted. Because I am a HORRIBLE painter. I have no patience for painting, and the Painting CZAR (my hubby hehehe) was not appreciative of my lack luster performance (he has since done all the other rooms. Score!)!!!! Plus...it just hurts my shoulder...and I hate taping...and I hate touching up...and I always get paint on something that isn't supposed to have paint on it. Excuses, Excuses.

The reason for this post is that although it was the first room I TRIED to paint (and then had to create a border around the top of the room to cover my mistakes), I FINALLY just finished decorating the room.

Call me weird, but I have this fascination with baskets. If you look atop my kitchen cabinets, they are decorated with baskets etc. It was the first thing I did upon moving in to the house. THAT DAY. So, you can understand how, after 1 year of having cabinets in my laundry room (we installed them last summer), I couldnt handle walking to the garage everyday seeing BASKETLESS cabinets!

I basically used baskets from other places in the house, but scored some 40% off ones at Michael's one day when I was out with my mom.

Hey, this is not JUST a laundry room, this is actually ALSO a "bedroom". Olive and Swee' Pea spend time in that room when we are gone. They need something nice to look at. Not sure if they can see the baskets, but I am sure they like them IF they can!!!

Okay, I am done justifying my decorating obsession. I came across an OLD pic of the laundry room, laughed, and realized this would make a good TAKE ME BACK post since I just finished this project!

4 comments:

tsumomi said...

You just gave me inspiration to paint my laundry room. You have a cute looking one.

Sheri said...

are you for hire?

Jen said...

Love the color. Great job.

Anonymous said...

Hey .... I'm just as obsessed and it's okay! Currently re-doing the guest room.