Friday, July 4, 2008

Flashback Friday: Summer 1992 Kansas with Kim

Anyone who knows me knows I LOVE ROLLERCOASTERS! So, of course, when I went back with my friend Kim to her hometown of Tonganoxie, Kansas in 1992, we hit up a popular amusement park in the area!!!

Close to Tonganoxie, we headed to Kansas City, Missouri where we proceeded to have a fun day at the park! I am one of those people who gets off the rollercoaster and then wants to jump back in the line to do it again! I think we rode the big wooden roller coaster about 10 times in a row right before the park closed for the evening!

Anyway, this pic is a pic from the ride, Orient Express. This is around the time when they had JUST started snapping the picture of you on a ride! We were amazed by it AND determined to find the camera and smile instead of have that screaming/terrified look most people do!

Here is the end result and the picture we were satisfied with! LOL It took quite a few runs on this coaster. This picture is taken on the steepest drop!

Kim NAILED the smile! I couldn't keep my mouth closed!!! This brings back GREAT memories of a FUN time with a GREAT best friend!!!

2 comments:

Sheri said...

I love rollercoasters too. But they don't love me. I get motion sickness everytime.

I love the picture.

BF Kim said...

That pic is hysterical and it brings back so many terrific memories!!!! I was beyond tired after that day :)